26 Home Remedies for Weight Loss and ObesitySubmit your Home Remedy for Weight Loss and Obesity
Yohimbe barkchew a pinch of (african)yohimbe bark 1 hour before meals. Keep it on the side of the mouth and chew it like a baseball player would chew tobacco BUT swallow the fibers. I find it lets you eat less and increases strength and stamina so have more energy to DO more things contributing to weight loss. Found in any home remedy and herbal cures store.
serge gizzo from toronto, canada
Guard your MindWhen you dwell on food, you eat it. Food commercials are terrible for weightloss. When you start thinking about a food reward recognize that it is not a reward and stop thinking about it. My best example to do this is when you are a child you entertain scary thoughts and you are scared, when you are older you learn to turn those thoughts off, so as not to scare yourself. Entertaining food thoughts, make you hungry, dwell on other good things, such as how it feels when you lose a few pounds. Also, dwelling on misery will also lead to poor eating.
Elizabeth from Appleton, WI
Self care6-8 hours of sleep every night. If you are tired during the day, rest. Meditate regularly.
Drink 8 ounces of water for every five pounds of body weight. This cleans out your system and encourages proper digestion
do aerobic exercises at least twice a week, weight training 2 X per week and walk as often as weather permits.
Women eat no more than 1800 calories perday.
Eat three modest meals a day with a protein drink or snack in between.
Be consciencious about fresh fruit and vegetables as they bring enzymes that encourage better digestion, metabolism and over all health. No trans fats, corn syrups, or soda pop.
delores acock from corvallis, oregon
Build muscle to lose fatI have lost 40 pounds in the last two months doing the following:
1. Lift weights moderately three times a week. Fifteen minute warmup and cooldown on the stationary bike. No extended aerobics or cardio.
2. Eat every three hours during the day with protein shakes between meals.
3. Eliminate all sugars, including fructose and corn syrup. Eat veggies, complex carbs (potatoes, pasta, etc.) and chicken, meat and fish. Eat peanuts and almonds for snacks. Don't worry about fat in a food if it has high protein.
4. No carbs after 3 PM. Eat your carbs early and your veggies late, with protein all day.
5. At least two quarts of water per day.
This works by changing the ratio of muscle to fat in your body. Increasing muscle increases basal metabolism since muscle requires energy to maintain while fat does not.
Bill from Wilmington, NC
Lemonwater and cranberry juiceSqueeze the juice of one lemon, half of a glass of warm water and a shot of 100% cranberry juice. If you're over 150lbs. drink it twice a day. Cleans your liver, colon, blood, lowers blood pressure, lowers cholesterol, therefore it eliminates a lot of symptoms and ailments. Do not add sugar, or else the results are not the same.
terri g from warren, ri
Aspertame is poisonAspertame is the number one cause of Alzimer's(?) in the US. Diet sodas/foods, low-fat, lite products all contain it particularly EQUAL. Yes, change your diet, eat smaller portions, excersise but please stay away from aspertame. It's also addicting.
terri g from warren ri
Five tips1. Remember that you can't control the effects of your hormones and DNA. Love yourself no matter what shape or size your DNA set you up for.
2. Eat a fresh fruit or vegetable with every meal. The fiber and water will help you feel full without adding a lot of extra calories.
3. Eat a square or two of dark chocolate every day. Really. It burns fat. (Make sure it's dark, bittersweet chocolate. No milk chocolate)
4. Walk or ride a bike instead of driving. You can't always do this, but if you can even do small, local errands this way you'll burn calories and save money, too.
5. Give thanks to God that you have enough to eat.
Chubby from Anytown, AT 55555
Lumbar beltsThose lumbar belts with the inside padding for spinal support? Keep it extra snug while hanging around the house (the time when we indulge in extra food) and you won't eat as much because your stomach is compressed, but not uncomfortable. At the same time it's helping your posture. double benefit.
terri g. from warren RI
Simplify Weight Loss1. Only eat when you are truly hungry and stop when enjoyably full.
2. Do not eat anything that comes out of a microwave.
3. Drink purified water only. (about 60 ounces per day)
4. Do not eat anything that has hydrogenated oils or partially hydrogenated oils.
5. Do not eat anything that contains high fructose corn syrup.
6. Do not eat farm raised fish.
7. Eliminate Monosodium Glutamate and Aspartame. (use a natural sweetener like Stevia or Xylitol)
8. Eliminate nonstick cookware.
Find out so much more by reading Natural Cures by Keven Trudeau, this book has helped me tremendously and it can help you too.
Cathy from Michigan
Lose WeightThe only thing that you really need to remember:
Your body gets full when it gets full. Everybody's body has a certain limit. The best way to help you get rid of those extra pounds is to take a drink of any kind of liquid after every bite you swallow. It's a pain in the butt, but when you get full, you'll look down and see more left on your plate. Let some liquids take the place of some of the solids. You will still get full, but the liquids come out of your body quicker than the solids.
Another thing that I have learned from experience:
Put smaller portions on your plate, and leave the food in the kitchen. most
of us are too lazy to get up and walk to go refill our plates. This insures
that you eat less.
Mistie from TEXAS
Some Common Sense Tips, and Research too.I have struggled with weight loss all my life due to a medication taken by my mother during pregnancy in the 50's. Not all weight trouble can be solved by dieting. Research your own health. Take a look at how your parents ate and what your mother did while pregnant with you. Find out your thyroid levels, metabolism, and allergies. Talk to your doctor about these things.
Then, as a common sense measure, stop drinking any type of soda. The chemicals are killing you. Slowly eliminate all packaged and prepared foods, as well as fast food. Get back to basics, its the only way to make your body happy and healthy. There is no such thing as a quick fix. The first step to success is being honest about the problem.
Barbara from Clyde, NC, USA
Dieting tipWrite down on a notepad everything you eat during the day. That way you can keep track of what's going in your mouth.
Celia Shannak from Michigan
Submit your remedy for Weight Loss and Obesity